Asian Beef & Mango Salad with Cashews
• 1⁄4 cup plus 2 tbsp fresh lime juice, strained, divided
• 1 lb flank steak, trimmed
• 7 cups green leaf lettuce (cored, rinsed, dried and torn into bite-size pieces)
• 1/3 cup peeled and diced mango or pineapple
• 1 oz unsalted cashews (about 16), lightly toasted
• 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
• 4 tsp raw honey, divided
• Olive oil cooking spray
• 1 tsp safflower oil
• Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
1. Mix 1⁄4 cup lime juice, 1 tbsp soy sauce and 1 1⁄2 tsp honey in an extra-large resealable plastic bag, Add steak, seal bag and set aside to marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, set an oven rack about 8 inches beneath broiler and preheat broiler to high. Place a broiler pan on top of a baking sheet and spray broiler pan with cooking spray. Transfer steak to broiler pan and broil for 5 minutes. Carefully turn over and broil for another 5 minutes for medium-rare or another 7 minutes for medium. Transfer to a cutting board, cover with foil, and let rest for 5 minutes. With a serrated knife, thinly cut steak against the grain. Spoon any juices from cutting board over steak.
3. In a large bowl, add remaining 2 tbsp lime juice, remaining 1 tbsp soy sauce, remaining 2 1⁄2 tsp honey, oil and 1 tsp water; whisk well. Add lettuce and mango and toss well. Divide among serving plates and top each with steak and cashews. Sprinkle pepper over top.
YIELDS: 4 servings
(1/4 of salad and 1 tbsp dressing): calories: 249, fat: 11 g, sat. fat: 3.5 g, monounsaturated fat: 5 g, polyunsaturated fat: 2 g, carbs: 12 g, fiber 1 g, sugars: 8 g, protein: 25 g, sodium: 237 mg, cholesterol: 65 mg