10 Tips For “Newbies” (And A Reminder For Those That Are Not So New)
I love “Newbies” and I want you all to do your best. Here are some tips I have learned on my journey:
1. Be proud of every workout you complete. You showed up and did it—despite busy schedules and life’s craziness.
2. Tell your mind to get out of your body’s way. Fear will stop you long before your physical limitations do.
3. Make it happen. You are the only one who can do this for you!!
4. Keep aiming high. Never lower your standards. Push your limits.
5. The only excuses are the ones you make. It’s okay if you “choose” to skip the occasional workout because of a deadline at work but it is not okay if your busy job is always your excuse. Bust through those excuses and put yourself first!!
6. You need fear to become fearless. Let your fears motivate you and make you stronger.
7. Ask yourself why you are doing this. Focus on why you committed to a healthy lifestyle and let your goals motivate you to stick to your plan.
8. Write your goals down, or create a photo collage that represents what you want to achieve. Put it somewhere you can see them all every day. The old adage “out of sight, out of mind,” works in reverse. Keep your goals in sight!!
9. Your next decision is your best decision. What matters most is your next decision—not the one you made five minutes ago or all the ones you made before. What can you do right now that is a healthy step in the right direction??
10. Think positive. Just as you have to make an effort to eat the right foods and work out, you also have to make an effort to keep your thoughts healthy and positive.