Beginning a fitness journey can be overwhelming, but success is attainable with the right tools and tips. As someone who’s passionate about fitness, it’s my job to inspire others and give them the resources they need to achieve their goals.
Here are some tips I’ve learned through experience:
- Be proud of every workout you complete. You showed up and did it—despite busy schedules and life’s hecticness. Every victory counts and there’s no such thing as a bad workout. Stepping out the door and into the gym can be challenging, but you didn’t let that stop you. Hell yeah!
- Tell your mind to get out of your body’s way. Fear can stop you long before your physical limitations will, so push out of your comfort zone and find out what’s on the other side. Getting out of your head and into your workout is one of the best benefits of movement.
There are so many mental health benefits to exercise. Learning how to workout properly will increase not only your physical health, but also your mental health. Don’t let doubts or worry stop you from hitting the gym.
- Make it happen. Nobody else can make this happen for you, so don’t be afraid to do what it takes to achieve your goals and create a sustainable fitness routine. Ultimate Phitness is here to give you tools for success, but you have to put in the work. One of the biggest parts of creating a routine is finding motivation, so think about what inspires you and how to carry that energy into your workout.
- Keep aiming high. Never lower your standards. Push your limits and dare to achieve more than you previously thought possible.
Remember that your goals can evolve. Creating goals that allow you room to grow is important, so don’t be afraid of making an adjustment if your current routine isn’t working.
- The only excuses are the ones you choose. It’s okay if you skip the occasional workout, but it is not okay if your life becomes run by excuses. Bust through those mental challenges and prove to yourself that you deserve this – which you do, so get off your butt and get started.
- Fear isn’t the enemy. Let your fears motivate you and make you stronger. Your fitness journey is often about reframing and choosing to evolve in healthy ways, so take your fear and turn it into motivation. This can be one of the most helpful steps both inside and outside the gym.
Fear is going to be a universal experience throughout life, so learn to use it to your advantage.
- Remember why you’re doing this. Focus on why you committed to a healthy lifestyle and let your goals motivate you to stick to your plan. Thinking about where you started is often an excellent way to step into where you’re going. Keep track of your progress and evolving goals – it will help you find motivation in the tough moments.
- Write your goals down or create a photo collage. Put it somewhere you can see all day, every day. The old adage, “out of sight, out of mind,” works in reverse. Keep your goals in sight!
- Your next decision is your best decision. What matters most is your next decision, not the ones you’ve made in the past.
What can you do right now that’s a healthy step in the right direction? Focusing on the future is an excellent way to motivate yourself in the present, so visualize your goals and do what it takes to make them a reality.
- Be positive. Just as you have to make an effort to eat the right foods and work out, you also have to make an effort to keep your thoughts healthy and positive. Mental health is just as important as physical health, so take time to focus on your outlook.
Whether you’re a loyal fitness guru or have never set foot in a gym, there’s always room for improvement. Fitness is all about creating goals and turning them into actions, so reach out to us today if you’re wondering what your next step should be in your fitness journey.