Healthy Chicken Marsala
- 5 Pounds Chicken Cutlets (or buy your own chicken breast and slice them thinly)
- 1 10 Oz Package of Crimini Mushrooms
- 1 Shallot, Chopped Small
- 2 cup Marsala wine (or a sweet wine such as a Sherry)
- ¼ Cup Chicken Stock
- ½ cup half and half (optional)
- Salt and Pepper
- Diced tomatoes for garnish
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Olive oil for sautéing
- Season chicken generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan until it’s hot.
- Add chicken and saute on both sides until a nice crust develops.
- Remove the chicken and set aside on another plate.
- Reduce heat to medium high and add shallots and more olive oil if necessary. Scrape the bottom of the pan with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to release all the bits.
- Add mushrooms and ONE cup of Marsala wine.
- Continue sautéing until the sauce is reduced and the mushrooms are rich in color, about 15 minutes.
- Pour in the second cup of marsala wine. Again, scrape the bottom of the pan.
- Add chicken back into the pan and nestle into the sauce and mushrooms.
- Let reduce by half and add chicken stock. Taste the sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Add in the half and half if desired. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped tomatoes and chopped parsley to serve