Shrimp, Avocado, and Grapefruit Salad
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 12 ounces peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 grapefruit
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped shallots
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 peeled avocado, cut into 12 wedges
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season shrimp with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Add shrimp to the pan and cook for 3 minutes or until shrimp are done, stirring frequently. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Peel and section the grapefruit over a bowl, reserving 3 tablespoons of the juice. Combine grapefruit juice, remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper, tarragon, brown sugar, and shallots in a large bowl. Stir mixture well with a whisk. Add lettuce to the bowl and toss.
- Arrange 2 cups lettuce mixture on each of 4 plates. Top each serving with 3 avocado wedges; divide shrimp and grapefruit sections evenly among servings.
Yield: 4 servings
Amount per serving
- Saturated fat:6g
- Monounsaturated fat:3g
- Polyunsaturated fat:5g