Tomato Spinach Shrimp Pasta
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oz (220g) medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika or more, to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 6 oz fresh spinach
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz (220g) penne or spaghetti (whole wheat, brown rice options)
- 2 tablespoons high quality olive oil, optional
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat in a large skillet. Add shrimp, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning and salt in the skillet and cook until shrimp is grilled & cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add chopped tomatoes, chopped fresh basil leaves, fresh spinach, and chopped garlic. Cook on medium heat about 3- 5 minutes until spinach wilts just a little and tomatoes release some of their juices. Remove from heat and adjust seasoning, if needed. Cover with a lid and keep off heat.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, until al dente. Drain pasta and add to the skillet with the tomatoes and spinach. Reheat on low heat, mix everything well, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Once pasta and veggies are off heat, add grilled shrimp back and drizzle with good quality olive oil just before serving, for extra flavor.