Getting organized doesn’t have to be a chore. In fact, organizing your home can benefit your fitness journey. Having a clean space can motivate you to invest in yourself and your health. Treating your space well goes hand in hand with treating your body well and that’s what fitness is all about.
Below are a few simple steps you can take right now if you’re ready to get started…
- Begin with messes and clutter that you see daily. Organize your kitchen, garage, and family room before your hallway closet. Once you see how nice it looks, you will want to work on the hidden areas.
- Use drawer dividers for socks, underwear, lingerie, and tiny items, keeping them separated and organized. This works well for both silverware and office supplies.
- Give everything in your house a place of its own. This way your family will know exactly where to find it and where to put it away.
- Hang hooks for your keys and purse at the entry to your home, so each time you walk in, you can easily hang them up.
- Set aside one basket for you and your partner for incoming mail, bills, and receipts. This way everyone will know where these important items are when needed. Keep all important papers such as birth certificates, social security cards, and medical insurance information in one folder.
- Get rid of things that are not needed any longer. This includes expired coupons, old prescriptions, and magazines you might get around to reading someday. All these things take up space you could be using for items you do need and use..
You will free your mind to remember more important things like appointments and birthdays when you are organized. Be attentive about thoroughly cleaning once a month and you will find it much easier to keep up, week-by-week. And remember: an organized house does indeed help unclutter your mind.