All About Teen Bodybuilding
Teen bodybuilding is rising in popularity as many young people decide that they want to get fit and be healthy. Starting an exercise program when you’re young is a great way to stay fit and build healthy habits. However, teens need to take into consideration a few things before they start a bodybuilding program.
Keep these things in mindBecause a young person’s body isn’t fully developed, it’s important for a teen to be cautious when starting a bodybuilding workout plan. Here are some guidelines to follow for a teen who wants to get into bodybuilding:
- Teens under the age of 13 should never start an intense weight lifting regimen. It’s okay to start exercising, but stick to low-impact exercises like push-ups and chin-ups. Leave the weight lifting until later.
- Squats and deadlifts can be started after the age of 16. These exercises require a great amount of precision to be done correctly. If you do not do them the right way, you can cause serious injury to your body.
- There is no reason you should ever take any type of testosterone supplements in your bodybuilding program. Teen boys naturally have a large amount of testosterone already in their bodies. When a testosterone supplement is added to a teen bodybuilding program, you risk stunting your growth.
- Your diet should include a large amount of protein and carbohydrates. These two nutrients will provide you with energy and muscle building power, so be sure to eat right.
- Rest is also very important in a teen bodybuilding program. Not only will sleep help you concentrate more and be an effective exerciser, rest will also help your body prepare itself for another workout and repair whatever damage was done during the day. Muscles grow at night when you’re asleep, so get a minimum of 8 hours of sleep per night… If not more.
- If you are serious about bodybuilding as a teen, it’s important that you stick with your workout program and keep an eye on your ultimate goal. Unless you have a very good reason, you need to stick with your workout plan and not skip days in favor of other activities.