Healthy Chicken Marsala
If you’re feeling stuck on your fitness journey, then you may need to take a look at your nutrition. Eating whole, healthy foods is so important when it comes to fueling your body. A great way to find some inspiration and motivation is to try new recipes. We love this healthy chicken marsala recipe and can’t wait to see what the Ultimate Phitness community thinks.
- 5 Pounds of Chicken Cutlets (or buy your own chicken breast and slice them thinly)
- 1 10 Oz Package of Crimini Mushrooms
- 1 Small Shallot, Chopped
- 2 Cups Marsala Wine (or a sweet wine such as Sherry)
- ¼ Cup Chicken Stock
- ½ Cup Half and Half (optional)
- Salt and Pepper
- Diced Tomatoes (for garnish)
- Chopped Parsley (for garnish)
- Olive oil (for sautéing)
- Season chicken generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan until it’s hot.
- Add chicken and saute on both sides until a nice crust develops.
- Remove the chicken and set aside on another plate.
- Reduce heat to medium high and add shallots and more olive oil if necessary. Scrape the bottom of the pan with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to release all the bits.
- Add mushrooms and ONE cup of Marsala wine.
- Continue sautéing until the sauce is reduced and the mushrooms are rich in color, about 15 minutes.
- Pour in the second cup of marsala wine. Again, scrape the bottom of the pan.
- Add chicken back into the pan and mix it into the sauce and mushrooms.
- Let reduce by half and add chicken stock. Taste the sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Add in the half and half if desired. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped tomatoes and chopped parsley to serve.